Tuesday, September 28, 2010

From Mari's Blog

I just about peed when I read this... because I think she's right. I don't know how many writers would agree with this.



I am back from my weekend in Jacksonville. Had a great time at the ACRA Boot Camp. My basket of naught goodies (hand cuffs, bullet, lube, etc.) went over very well. I ended up being a part of an author panel and got a few laughs from the room about "write what you know". Yeah, when that question was asked, I got zeroed in on. LOL Hey, I write vampires, time travel, shape shifters, etc. Have I ever met one? No, but I write them. Now, that was NOT what they wanted to hear from me. I write erotic, so do I write what I know? Yes and no. I do make up a lot of it as I go. However I do have to say that if I am trying to describe a sensation, like nipple clamps for example, it does help to experience it in order to describe it. You can imagine the roar of laughter at that. One author said it was TMI, but several other people all agreed with me. How can I describe what it feels like to have the nipples clamped, then released to increase the sensitivity? I'd have to know what I'm talking about there. If I don't, someone will point it out down the road...like "she has no idea what she's writing about."

4 comments:

Mari said...

There are just things you have to experience to be able to understand and describe properly. Especially if it is some sort of BDSM activity...

Det. Shaved Longcock said...

Nipple clamps can be your friend...or should I say Friends.

Mari said...

Used properly, they can be Friends with Benefits...

Annmarie Ortega said...

I've said it a million times... Friends is a really great show. LOL